Join The IGC Family
We're always looking for new content for InterGalactiCon San Diego! After all, we pride ourselves on making IGC a con for the fans by the fans! Do you have an interesting topic you'd like to speak about? Do you have an event or contest you'd like to run? Or are you an artist or vendor who would like to have space in our exhibitor hall?
Who are you?
Speaker Submission Deadline
Wait List Only
This year we have one main speaking track consisting of a keynote speaker, followed by 7 speaking talk-slots. Talks-slots are 1 hour in total: 50 minutes for the talk and any Q&A, with a 10 min break to change speakers before the next hour.
What You Get
If your talk is accepted, you will receive a free Speaker badge which gets you into the con for free, and also get paid a $100 honorarium or receive 2 general admission badges, your choice. It's also very possible that you will be much more cool after your presentation. You may even find that your teeth are whiter, however your mileage may vary.
InterGalactiCon San Diego will promote your talk on our website and social media. We'll link to your social media, website, blogs, etc (if provided).
Speakers are also invited to the exclusive VIP party on Friday night!
To submit: complete the form on the right as well as review the the submission agreement and accept the terms.
If you are submitting multiple talks, please submit them separately.
Please try to ensure your speech or topic is well thought out and high-calibre content for the type of people who come to InterGalactiCon San Diego. This is a con for sci-fi fans, anime fans, cosplayers of all genres, gamers, and comic book people! Know your audience!
Exhibitor Submission Deadline
Wait List Only
Our exhibitor & artist space is currently full. However, we welcome you to submit your application so we can put you on the wait list. Somtimes circumstances change and someone has to drop out, so there may still be opportunities that arise at the last minute!
Friday, June 15, 2018, 5pm-11p and Saturday, June 16, 2018, 7am-10am
Exhibitor Hall Operating Times
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Booth Cost: $100 FREE!
UPDATE: Yes, you read that right! As a celebration of our inaugural year, and in show of supporting the industry, the artists, and all you hard working business people who make fandom so amazing, we're dropping all exhibitor & artists fees for tables! This is our way of supporting YOU!
If you choose to setup on Friday evening, the hall will be locked with a security guard present over-night to ensure physical security for the hall and your items. Please note that while we make reasonable efforts to provide appropriate security, InterGalactiCon San Diego cannot be and is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Tear-down will begin Saturday at 6pm. An airwall will be pulled following 6pm to secure the room from the rest of the larger-ballroom. Only IGC staff and exhibitor staff with exhibitor-badges will be allowed in after 6pm.
Tables/Booths are provided. Pipe & Drape backdrops will be provided in each space. Standard booth size is 10ft x 10ft square, with an 8ft table provided. If you have a grand desire, a dream one might say, for a larger and/or non-standard setup, please include your request in your submission and we'll try to accomodate your request if you are approved (please note this may depend on many factors, including but not limited to hotel policy, fire department regulations and codes, etc).
Banners: You may hang a banner securely within your space. The hotel is limited on where & how we can hang any other banners (we cannot attach to walls, the ceilings do not support hanging anything from above, etc).
Exhibitor applications are evaluated on their merits and appropriate fit for the conference.
Approved exhibitor will receive 2 exhibitor badges. This will entitle you to full regular attendance at the conference as well as access to the exhibitor hall during setup & tear-down times.
Please note: you are responsible for watching your booth and merchandise. IGC cannot provide staff to watch your booth if you cannot be available. InterGalactiCon San Diego is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Submission Form giving you problems? We've heard some people are having problems with it. Our web guys are looking into it. If it's not working for you, just email your info to exhibitors -at- intergalacticonsd.com!
Event Submission Deadline
Are you interested in running an event, contest, or workshop ("events") at IGC SD? We'd love to hear from you! Here are some things you should know:
- Events, Contests, & Workshops are not recorded
- Events are free to attendees (exceptions may be made to cover low-cost workshop-type materials)
- Organizers will be compensated with the following honorarium: 3 event badges.
There is no charge to run an event! However, if you have special needs which must be provided by the hotel or hotel-approved vendors, you may incur additional cost. For example: If you need need a projector and screen, and don't have your own, you could rent one from the Hotel A/V group (which we can help arrange). Please outline your needs in your application and we'll work with you to keep these to a minimum.
We have several event rooms set side for dedicated event spaces. Based on your submission, we'll place you in the most appropriate space (eg. a table-top game would go in the dedicated table top gaming room). If you have a preference or suggestion for a non-standard area, please indicate that in your application.
We're Looking For A Few Good Sponsors
InterGalactiCon San Diego is taking requests for sponsorship opportunities. Does your brand or company intersect with the fandom universe in some way? This could be a great chance for you to get noticed, and let us help you keep the buzz going.
Do you want to be the Official [thing] of InterGalactiCon San Diego?
IGC San Diego wouldn't happen without the support of our hotel, distributors, vendors, and staff - and without YOU! While we don't want to become like NASCAR, we do want to support and promote local business!
Fill out the form on the right to discuss what opportunities we have open, or to throw us an idea you have yourself.
Grant of Copyright Use
I warrant that the submitted work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its publication by F7 Productions, and that I will promptly supply F7 Productions with wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner. If I am selected for presentation, I hereby give F7 Productions permission to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation, which includes, but is not limited to, the conference proceedings, video, audio, and hand-outs to the conference attendees for educational, on-line, and all other purposes.
Terms of Speaking Requirements
1) I will submit a final Abstract and Biography for the InterGalactiCon San Diego website and conference materials no later than June 1, 2018. 2) I understand if I fail to submit final materials by June 1, 2018, I may be replaced by an alternate speaker or may forfeit my honorarium. This decision will be made by F7 Productions / InterGalactiCon San Diego and I will be informed in writing of my status. 3) I will complete my presentation within the time allocated to me - not running over, or excessively under the time allocation. 4) I understand that F7 Productions/InterGalactiCon San Diego will provide one LCD projector feed to be projected on one or more large-format screens, microphones, and wired and/or wireless Internet access. I understand that I am responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including laptops and other equipment to complete my presentation. 5) I understand if I fail to show up and make my presentation, an alternative presentation will be selected and my honorarium will be forfeit.
Terms of Speaking Remuneration
1) I understand that I will be responsible for my own hotel and travel expenses, unless separate arrangements are made in writing with F7 Productions. 2) I understand that F7 Productions will issue one $100 payment per presentation to the primary speaker only. Payment will be made in form of company check. I may choose to waive my $100 honorarium in exchange for 2 InterGalactiCon San Diego general admission badges, received at the start of the conference. 3) I understand that I may receive payment on-site at the conference. In some rare cases, I may be required to complete a W8 (Non-U.S. Citizen) or W9 (U.S. Citizen) form before payment is issued. 4) I understand that I will be paid within 30 days from the end of the conference, after I have completed my presentation. I understand that should my talk be determined to be unsuitable (e.g. a vendor or sales pitch, a talk on sheep-herding, etc.) after I have presented, that I will not receive an honorarium.
As detailed above...
I have read and agree to the Grant of Copyright Use. I have read and agree to the Terms of Speaking Requirements. I have read and agree to the Terms of Speaking Remuneration or I will forfeit my honorarium.